The holidays for me are all about cranking up the heat and snuggling up with a cozy blanket watching Elf with the family, sitting by a crackling fire with a cup of hot cocoa and baking Christmas cookies with my boy (who eats them faster than I can make them)
With so much time spent at home with friends and family members fire safety is always on people’s minds but most don’t think about the threat of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning. It’s an odorless & deadly gas that can only be detected by installing a CO alarm. Known by the unfortunate name The Silent Killer, CO can be produced by any fuel burning device like a gas stove, fireplace or even your furnace.
As soon as I learned about this threat to my home and family, we bought the First Alert 10-year sealed battery carbon monoxide alarm. It lasts for up to ten years with no need to worry about replacing the battery and I also like that you don’t need to install it, you can move it around your home as you see necessary. I have mine up on a shelf in my kitchen but far away enough from everything that it won’t get damaged by moisture or grease.
It also has a temperature display so you can keep an eye on how hot or cold your house is. CO poisoning kills over 400 people per year in the US alone so I know I will be recommending First Alert carbon monoxide alarm to all my friends & everyone in my Mom Facebook group to get the word out there and make sure we reduce that number to zero ASAP !
To learn more about home safety and how you can keep your family safe from CO visit https://www.firstalert.com/wintersafety/
Wishing you the safest and happiest of holidays!
THANK YOU FIRST ALERT FOR PARTNERING ON THIS VERY IMPORTANT POST. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
Leave a Reply